We, as a people, have been moving forward. What I saw was a moving walkway, like in an airport. The entire ground was the moving walkway. However, the space we were in was narrowing, the floor was still moving and the group was being funneled into tighter spaces. Each person was carrying a suitcase.
I’ve been asking the Father for understanding, and a Scripture. The Scripture is Micah 4:1-2.
“In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and peoples will stream to it. Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us His ways, so that we may walk in His paths.”
Until now, we have been used to having lots of space on our journey. But since the path is narrowing, we are bumping into one another. My baggage is getting hung up on your baggage. This has nothing to do with Graham Cooke’s teachings on baggage vs luggage.
But what does this mean? Here are my thoughts in processing this picture, which is really an invitation!
- Look in my/our suitcase to see what I/we could take out of the bag that we could wear instead of carry.
- Are we carrying our tools/identity instead of wearing them on this journey?
- It is time to take inspection and wear our identity and use our tools! Not just carry them for some time in the future, or be happy that we have them. (I have been guilty of that mindset. Of having gifts/tools but not really wanting to use them.)
- Carrying those things, instead of wearing them, weighs us down and causes us to take up more space when we are on our journey.
- It is also time to inspect what we have been carrying around in our suitcase that we no longer need.
- What are the things He wants to give us in exchange for our old mindsets, wounds, etc.?
- I hear Him saying, “That old thing, may I have that please? You don’t need that any longer, and it will just make you tired as you progress up My Mountain. Will you trust Me enough to give me that?”
- What are the things that weigh us down that we’ve been carrying around because we were simply used to having them?
- What parts of our old nature do we still cling to?
- Can we lay them down and trust the Lord to heal us and equip us, as we begin to move forward without those things?
- Community – we need others. Can we rely on those around us to help us get through the narrow spaces, up the mountain without the stuff we got rid of? – fears, anxieties, self-protection, independence, etc.
In continuing to live this out since August, it is challenging but …. I’m up for it. How about you?